The Wonder Trade Game is coming back for a second go around on GameOnGNT!
If you remember when Pokémon X and Y came out, GameOn host Jeff Johnson proposed doing a Wonder Trade Game as his means of playing through Pokémon X, instead of doing a usual playthrough.
The rules Jeff set out for the Wonder Trade Game were simple.
1. Start the game by catching six different Pokémon.
2. Immediately trade all six Pokémon through Wonder Trade.
3. The six Pokémon you receive through Wonder Trading become your party.
4. Use those six Pokémon until you beat a gym leader. Once that gym battle is over, trade all six Pokémon through Wonder Trade and continue on with your game.
5. This system continues until you’ve beaten the eighth gym leader, where you trade all six Pokémon through Wonder Trade again for your final Elite Four team.
Some tips to help make a Wonder Trade game successful…
– Always return to the first area of the game before wonder trading. It will make rebuilding your party that much easier.
– If you do not receive a Pokémon capable of using HMs through Wonder Trading, you are permitted to capture an extra work horse Pokémon for travel purposes only. The workhorse Pokémon cannot be used in battle or to support your party in levelling.
We will begin our Wonder Trade game once we pick up Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. We will post a video of every gym leader battle and the Wonder Trade that follows.
Could you see yourself doing a Wonder Trade Game? Are you excited about the new Pokémon games coming out?
If you are interested in doing a Wonder Trade Game or would like to know more about the new Pokémon games, feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org